Day 6 - Memorial Day

We spent today like most everyone else. We cooked out and hung out by the pool. It was really nice to have a normal day. Today was the most normal our days have been since we got the news. I hope more days like today are in our near future as we journey down this path. Mike is trying to prepare me for treatment - eating better (although we don't eat that badly now) and exercising more to make sure I'm in a better physical condition going in to this so I come out of it in a better condition.

I spent a lot of time today thinking about chemo and the hair thing. I guess I didn't put together that losing my hair includes losing eyebrows and eyelashes as well. Potentially, anyway. But I have to come to terms with the worst case scenario of any possible outcome- so I think about it - make my peace with it. At least until it actually happens. It's the only way I'm going to be able to arrive at a decision. If I don't make my peace with it ahead of time, I most likely won't make a descision for treatment. And we can't have that.

Mike said he'd shave his head and eyebrows with me. I told him not to. There has to be one nice thing to look at in the house when I'm all sickly.

Comments

Popular Posts